Gluten-free breakfasts Egg-free Breakfasts Meat-free vegetarian breakfasts Dairy-free Casein free breakfasts Raw breakfasts Nut-free no peanuts breakfasts Nut-free no peanuts breakfasts

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Raspberries in a Sandwich?


The forgotten berry of the Blueberry month whispered in my ear as
I lay sleeping yesterday. It haunted my dreams, whispering
sweet nothings. Rasping, it fought through the fog of the early
morning brain mist and landed in my new experiment.

2 slices of the most wholesome bread you can find $0.20
2 tablespoons of any nut butter. I prefer almond butter. $1.00
a pint of raspberries. $2.99

Smooth some nut butter and smoosh some raspberries in between the bread. Enjoy.

Total cost of Breakfast in July $4.19**
Feeling great until lunch: price-less

Raspberries help neutralize free radicals, have antimicrobial properties, relieve fever, are great source of manganese and vitamin C, as well as other nutrients. So have some breakfast and feel good about it.

** Manhattan organic food prices. Might be cheaper or more expensive
depending on season, selection, variety, timing and good luck.

2 comments:

Anonymous,  July 26, 2007 at 12:42 AM  

Mmm. I love raspberries and their evil twins, blackberries, as well. I'll have to try this soon. Sounds tasty.

Matthew July 26, 2007 at 8:10 PM  

Yum is right. Although I always thought the rasps were the evil ones. Red like commies! Satan's hellspawn!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP