Gluten-free breakfasts Egg-free Breakfasts Meat-free vegetarian breakfasts Dairy-free Casein free breakfasts Raw breakfasts Nut-free no peanuts breakfasts Nut-free no peanuts breakfasts

Monday, April 20, 2009

Green Eggs, No Ham.



Say!
I like green eggs and ham!
I do! I like them, Sam-I-am!
And I would eat them in a boat.
And I would eat them with a goat...

And I will eat them in the rain.
And in the dark. And on a train.
And in a car. And in a tree.
They are so good, so good, you see!
-Dr.Seuss


Sadly I have no pig or ham,
no bacon or tofurky spam

But i do love green eggs, (no ham)
I do! I like them, Sam-I-am!

Ingredients
swiss chard
salt or dulse
eggs

Pulverize chard through a food processor until it is finely chopped, or chop it fine, until the pieces are smaller than the size of a 1/4 of a penny.

Crack open the eggs in a bowl, add the greens, and use a fork to incorporate them into the eggs, until it's a fine green mess. Add dulse.

Pour into a hot pan, cover and cook on low to medium heat.

Garnish with salsa if you like.

2 comments:

Melissa.Danielle May 14, 2009 at 1:53 AM  

I am having a really hard time liking swiss chard.

This is a great post, so I don't want to spoil it by saying what I think swiss chard tastes like.

I am going to try this with kale, spinach, or mustard greens.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP