Gluten-free breakfasts Egg-free Breakfasts Meat-free vegetarian breakfasts Dairy-free Casein free breakfasts Raw breakfasts Nut-free no peanuts breakfasts Nut-free no peanuts breakfasts

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Purple Kale Wraps: Raw Food is Delicious


I dreamt of this Spring-inspired breakfast on an unusually warm February morning. I miss springtime -- and salty seaweed, fresh sour-sweet tomatoes, smooth avocado and crunchy sprouts inside a kale leaf smell like spring, taste like spring and if I close my eyes I can pretend it is spring.

What you will need:
5 purple kale leaves
1 tomato
1 avocado
dulse and sprouts to taste

Wrap all the ingredients inside a kale leaf. You're done. Quick and easy.

If you are not used to a lot of raw food, especially in the morning, add a healthy salad dressing to the inside of the wrap. I myself love garlicky dressings on these, but not everyone is brave enough to eat garlic in the morning.

3 comments:

Mar February 20, 2009 at 9:15 PM  

hey there :)

just surfing over to say hello and thank you for the comment on my blog!

i'll definitely keep reading yours as well.

Nicole Brenny April 5, 2009 at 10:12 PM  

Mmm.. this is the kind of lunch that I like!

bs December 2, 2009 at 4:17 PM  

i love the way you wrote this!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP